GrooveWasher Record Cleaning System
A necessary tool for your sound system.
"No reason to look any further, this is the product to use! This is a sophisticated record cleaning system. The best part is the G2Fluid. The fluid has a lower viscosity to really run into the grooves and modern surfactants to really loosen the stuff that has built up over the years that the other products just don't lift out of the record. This is the product to use!" Thomas Lee
The GrooveWasher Record Cleaning System includes:
- Solid milled American Walnut handle with laser etched GrooveWasher logos. Hand rubbed waterproof oil polyurethane finish.
- All Purpose Replaceable Cleaning Pad (Red Base). Velcro secures the pad to the handle, yet easy to remove to clean or replace.
- One 2 oz bottle of G2 Fluid with mist spray top.
- One 4 oz refill bottle of G2 Fluid. 900+ mist sprays in this Kit.
- Record Label Mask. Prevent wetting the label during cleaning.
- Microfiber towel. Place your record on this soft, absorbent towel for off-turntable cleaning.
- GrooveWasher Record Cleaning Booklet.
The GrooveWasher G2 Fluid is the result of years of research and testing. The ingredient selection was guided by the formulations of the D series fluids of the 1970s. Completely safe for vinyl records. Our team designed G2 Fluid for cleaning effectiveness without the need to rinse. Anti-static action on contact. Honest cleaning to release the honest sound of the recording.
G2 Fluid does not fix scratches or scuffs. Once the signal in the microgroove is destroyed, nothing will recover it.
The G2 two oz bottle will give you more than 300 fine mist sprays. With the 4 oz refill bottle, this kit provides 900+ fine mist sprays. Enough to clean both sides of more than 100 records! (YMMV)
Some vinyl record cleaning fluids on the market today are plain distilled water. Or worse, have high levels of alcohol. Alcohol is an ineffective cleaner and can harm vinyl records. Some record cleaning fluids can leave a layer in the microgroove. This reduces sound fidelity.
G2 Fluid Contains:
- Surfactant: State of the art surfactant dissolves fingerprints and other oily grime.
- Super wetting agent: A specialty high tech chemical that reduces the G2 Fluid's surface tension. When you spray G2 Fluid on a record you can see spread down the grooves. G2 gets to the bottom of the microgroove.
- Emulsifiers: Holds the oils, dirt, mildew and microdust particles in suspension. Then the microfiber fabric cleaning pad wipes and pulls the dirt-filled solution from the record surface. The emulsifiers do not leave a film or coating.
- Purified, deionized water: Powerful carrier for the active cleaning ingredients. Eliminates static electric charges on the record's surface on contact.
GrooveWasher Walnut Handle Design
The GrooveWasher handle is milled from a single piece of American black walnut. Our team designed the handle’s shape to be easy to grip while cleaning your records. It feels good in your hand. GrooveWasher handles are hand crafted in the USA.
Cleaning Pad Design--Science
The GrooveWasher replaceable cleaning pads have the highest quality split microfiber and other absorbent fabrics. These fabrics are effective in absorbing the dirty cleaning fluid from the record surface. When the pad is dirty, remove it from the handle and clean with distilled water. When it's worn out, order another on our website. GrooveWasher cleaning pads are hand crafted in the USA.
Record Label Mask
Cover the record label with this mask before applying the G2 Fluid. This will prevent wetting the record label during cleaning.
Record Cleaning Instruction Booklet
The Record Cleaning Booklet has helpful information on record cleaning and using the GrooveWasher Kit.
"GrooveWasher is the best manual record cleaner on Earth. And likely Mars and Jupiter too." Nate Goyer, The Vinyl Guide Podcast
Designed and handcrafted by GrooveWasher in North Kansas City, MO, USA
Free Shipping to US addresses for total orders over $47.00!